Friday, April 3, 2009

Pajama Dilemma

I wish I had a picture to go with this post...because it was too funny! Unfortunately no camera was nearby. Lately Corbin has been asserting himself (that is a nice way of putting it), but recently he has wanted to remain in his jammies all day. If I take them off he screams "back on back on" and carries them around trying to dress himself. Yesterday we were going to MMO (mother's morning out) and the war ensued. So as a compromise, he let me dress him (if you call what looked like wrestling a greased pig letting me) and I let him put his footie pajamas over the top of his outfit. After distracting him with some fancy slide of the hand he was out of them by the time we got to church. He is also protesting baths and brushing his teeth. (Don't worry he still gets them both done, but not with a smile on his face!) Corbin could play basketball ALL day long, that is until he sees rocks and water! We spend hours throwing rocks into our pond out back, pretty soon I am going to have to buy some more to replenish the stock. I watch my neighbors play in their yards peacefully with their children-while I try to coax my child into not running for the pond each time we step outside. He is making a great case for a fence, but unfortunately not tax refund is coming our way :) Corbin has also started to go pee pee on the potty quite a bit. We are not trying to potty train him yet, but he will ask to go pee pee on the potty a couple times a day. I think it is to get out of taking naps or doing something he doesn't want to do. He is one smart cookie! He is looking forward to seeing his Great Grandma from California next week...please bring the good weather with you!

1 comment:

Sarah and Adam Hubert said...

I want to squeeze him and watch him be in his jammies with clothes on. =)