Thursday, June 12, 2008

This would have been a day to call in sick

Today was not a fun day! I woke up feely very very very crummy! Usually I greet mom or dad with a smile, but today I greeted them with vomit (sorry to those with a weak stomach). After that I couldn't even function. I basically laid around motionless letting out an occasional whimper to remind mom and dad I needed attention. I am surprised I even have enough energy to write this blog entry. I went to see the doctor at 10 and after showing off my temp of 102.5 they gave me what seemed like a FULL bottle of Tylenol and covered me in ice cold rags...brrrr. After about 30 minutes they took my temp again, this time I was at 102.9! Not the ice again (I thought), but finally about an hour later I was sent home with a temp of 100.9 with instructions to alternate between motrin and tylenol every three hours. If I weren't hot enough it was like 94 today! Hopefully I will have better news to report tomorrow. Good news they don't think I had Hand Foot and Mouth...now it's between Fifths Disease and Roseola. Where's Dr. House when you need him!


After being iced down, it was time to nap!

4 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

Clare had hand, foot, mouth disease 2 weeks ago. It was pretty horrible. Glad Corbin doesn't have that, but hope he gets well soon!

Kendra said...

Sounds like no fun. Hope he gets better soon!

MP said...

oh this is no fun! Cade has roseola a couple months ago..and my sister's baby had fifths disease..unfortunately they just get sick no matter what you do! I hope he feels better soon.

Gr-Gr Vonda said...

I just got my new computer lined up from working out a few kinks this morning. I was so sorry to read how sick you have been, now I have to go on the Internet to find out what Hand Foot Mouth disease is, I also don't know what Fifths Disease is--the one I am familiar with is Roseola (not fun.) Sounds like you are at last having some "hot" weather along with all the rain. You sound like a very busy boy for sure with all the bike trips and going to the pool. Keep well so you can keep up that pace.